- Recent posts on AltME Archive Quickly see the most recent 100 posts on the AltME Archive for the REBOL3 world.
- Images for scripts. Ability to add images for scripts. See script images for details
- Canonical URL. Some support added for canonical URLs (helps search engines distinguish apparent duplicate content -- for example, when we display a script both in color and in black and white).
- Diff utility. This utility for script owners now runs automatically when you contribute a new version of a script -- so you can see your changes before you commit the change
- Better stats for AltME archive. Click the [nn posts in mm groups....] banner to see post counts and prolific poster statistics.
- Latest AltME archive overview now appears on Home Page Library at a Glance.... section
- Improved Script searching. The dialect allows you to search on tags, and/or limit the search to parts of a script.
- Better integration on searches. If you are looking at, say, the results page for a Mailing List search, you'll see easy links to repeat the same search on the Script Library, altME Archive, and Articles.
- Shorter URLs. Previously (due mainly to legacy hosting issues) all REBOL.org URLs have been overlong, with this:
in part of the URL.
We still support the older format, but now prefer the shorter form. Compare the URL for showing recently changed scripts:
- Popular scripts -- see which scripts are the most popular in the Library. Previously, this was viewable only by Library members. It is now available to any visitor.
- Results panels for various searches are now consistent. (The Library scripts have been refactored to use a common formating routine. So if you do not like the appearance of the results, please send us a feedback message, and we can make a single change that affects all results)
Results pages include:
- Simplifed script contributions (no complicated Library header needed)
- Free format tagging for scripts implemented
- See the mailing list discussion for further notes on these changes
- 10,000 post added to the altME archive for the REBOL3 world CORE group
- REBOL1 and REBOL2 worlds added to the altME groups archive for those who were members of those worlds. If you want access, please send us a Feedback message
- altME groups archive -- browse messages published from the altME REBOL worlds. See What is an altME archive? for more details
- Much overdue list of all articles. If you are logged on, and own articles, this page will include access stats and publication status for your articles
- Implement "mini-wiki" for articles. See the [wiki:public] tag Articles FAQ: Who else can update my article?
- Implement images directory for articles (details to follow)
- Fix search problems in Desktop Librarian
- Implement faster indexing using skimp
- Mailing List tagging -- first pass completed. The Mailing list is now almost completely tagged, so you can find related threads from the topic index. [See announcement for more details]
- Tagged messages navigation -- when viewing a Mailing list message, you can jump easily to any other thread that has the same topic tag
- Library at a glance -- panel on home page (and Member's lounge if you are logged on) showing recent additions and changes at the Library.
- Script popularity (Control panel/Bonus section for Library members). Popularity calculations now factor in favorites: a script gets a boost in the rankings if it has been marked as a favorite by other Library members
- RSS feed added: subscribe to get details of script changes, Mailing list threads, and other news
- Owner stats: Additional statistics now available for the scripts you own. They include recent referrer information so you can see how external searches (from Google and elsewhere) have help people find your scripts. Also, a summary on each script if any Library member has marked it a a public favorite
- Button styles: We started a spruce-up operation. Some text links are moving to graphic buttons. If you don't like the default buttons, please select another set -- or help use design some more.
- Site search: New page added to allow you easy accces to all the Library search functions
- Bug fixed in the contribute script routine
- Problem caused by scripts with needs: in their REBOL header bypassed
- Extra statistics added to the Control panel for Library members and script owners
- Script owner stats -- if you own scripts you can now see the Views and Download (etc) stats for all your scripts on one convenient page. To get there: check out the Statistics about your scripts link in the User settings section of the Control panel
- Script searching now returns results ranked by relevance; will help you find what you are looking for faster
- Better package information .... You can now preview the contents of a package from the website
- Several performance improvements .... Generally, things should be faster
- Mailing list archive search added Search nearly
- that includes additional LDS requests so you can search the mailing list archive from your own desktop
- MakeDoc2 -- now supported as a format for adding documentation or comments to scripts.
- ML Display - Library members can select how messages in threads are line wrapped, and how much quoted text to omit. See the Control panel option Update profile and personal preferences part Appearances and settings
- CSS makeover -- new look created by Roland Hadinger
- ML Display - Library members can now view threads in reverse date order
- Bonus section added to Control panel for Library members. If you are logged on, you can see some statistics about frequent Mailing List posters, and script popularity
- History link added to the View script menu. When you are viewing a script, this new option will let you see the history of the script, including any notes the owner has added about updated versions. You can also view any previous version of the script, provided the owner has permitted it to remain publicly available
- Easier package viewing -- the package information page allows you to easily view any Library script that has been included in the package. Simply click the script name, example: steel-libs package
- email notices now also include the owner's notes if the script has been updated. If you want to be sent notices when scripts are added or changed, visit the See the Control panel option Update profile and personal preferences
- Library Data Services upgraded to include verified requests. You can now add new scripts or update existing ones See LDS documentation
- Improvements to the Find Scripts indexes
- Worldwide REB access added for Script Library browsing:
- Goto: http://www.rebol.org/library/reb/index.r
- 40,000th Mailing List message archived
- Logon improvements -- persistent cookie
- Package downloader now runs under View or Core
- Accesskey support for accessibility -- see See Accessibility
- Email address munging improved
- Over 2000 Mailing List threads tagged. See tagging help
- Start of an incremental makeover: many changes to overall look and feel
- Quick logon panel added
- Improved package support added See mailing list announcement or the help information
- Mailing list tag team activated. See tag team help
- Library Data Services interface upgraded -- to support new packages, and access to script archive. See LDS documentation
- Color syntax display added to view scripts page: here's an example
- Support for packages (multi-file scripts) added
- Mailing List Archive added -- Mailing List Archive home page
- Diff utility for script owners added -- see what you've changed in different versions of a contributed script (See Statistics page for that script)
- Initial release of Library Data Services -- Do anything you want with REBOL.org from a REBOL script rather than a web-browser. See LDS documentation
- Recent searches added
- 500th Script added: html-calendar Congratulations, Bo!
- Appearance options added to Control panel / Update profile for library members
- Breadcrumbs trails added
- Notices -- sign up to get notified whenever scripts you are interested in change. See the Control panel option Update profile and personal preferences
- Improved submission validation -- and error messages are "context sensitive"
- Statistics -- see how often scripts you own have been downloaded
- Library.r -- downloaded version now works on IOS as well as View
A major release that adds:
- Library membership -- people who join the Library get access to many additional facilities
- Improved submission -- additions and updates are now immediate, rather than needing a Librarian to add the script
- Documentation added -- a script owner can add documentation to their scripts
- Discussion added -- Library members can add to discussion threads about any script
We add a basic facility so people can submit scripts
The newly-formed Library Team release the initial version
Carl Sassenrath puts out a call for volunteers to build the Library