[REBOL] Re: Rugby XPi: The Next Generation
From: koopmans:itr:ing:nl at: 24-Jan-2002 10:41
A lengthy reply to all of the suggestions (thanks!)
- XPi: eXPerience Internet => refers to the P2P behavior in this Rugby
release. Once the core is finished.....
- I will need a resource description dialect for searches of services /
content. If you have an idea or like to play with parse.....
- I am also playing with the idea of a redirect function: called by me,
deliver somewhere else.
- Adding a better Rugby console is high on my list. I have one without decent
history and auto-complete.
- Modules seem like a very good idea. This will mean that all other
functionality that I add will be in terms of modules. As a side effect,
automatic code migration and load balancing will be *very* easy.
- I may have to look into better authentication methods than a password.
- I may move the XML-RPC stuff out as a seperate, hipe-based, script (hipe is
Rugby's HIgh Performance Engine)
- I will have to find one or two 'always-on' servers that can act as a
gateway to the public Rugby ..... playing field? (any suggestions?)
- As for those willing to document:
- A good tutorial on using /deferred and asynchronous programming and its
- Getting started
- Why Rugby?
- An architectural overview of
- current Rugby
- the new features (by me)
Once we get to XPi in a month or two, it is time for shameless marketing and
publicity (perhaps it is already, I know people from Ruby are looking at
Rebol and Rugby).