[REBOL] Rugby XPi : The next generation
From: m:koopmans2:chello:nl at: 23-Jan-2002 22:02
I am currently working on Rugby XPi , the next major version of Rugby.
But I need to know some features that you may want.
Currently I am building in the following functions:
- exec-code: func [ passsword [string!] code [block!]] ; execute code in a
running rugby server
- functions? [password [string!]] ;returns a list of available functions
- profiling [ password [string!] b [logic!]] ;Turns on and of profiling on
or off on exposed functions
- ping ; Check to see if the server is alive
- publish [ password [string!] name [file!] content [block! string!] desc
[block! string!]];publish content on this rugby server
- get-content [ password [string!] /name n [file!]];get all content or just
the named one n
- add-friend [password [string!] url [url!]]; Add another rugby server to
your friend list
- remove-friend [password [string!] url [url!]]; The opposite
- search [desc [string! block!]]; Search for content
- add-functions [ password [string!] func-list [block!]]; Add functions to a
- remove-functions [password [string!] func-list[block!]]; the opposite
- set-password [old [string!]new[string!]]
get-rugby-service will always return an object as of the next version
The XML-RPC stuff will go final there as well.
Various bug fixes, of course...
Better docs (volunteers anyone? remarks?)
Plus various view/console based utilities, such as a service monitor, a
remote console and ...???
I'll also bundle tail-func, contract, erebol and some other stuff as extra
It may take some time, but we'll get there!
Many thanks to those that have donated to Rugby development so far and the
kind emails of the last few days!
Please respond with your comments, so I can make Rugby better!
You can find Rugby at