[REBOL] rebol-framework: information
From: robert:muench:robertmuench at: 28-Dec-2002 16:33
Hi, I don't know if you are interested but I just want to give a short
update what's going on with the rebol-framework (RFM) project:
1. I'm very happy that Cyphre has joined the project and is now doing
the GUI stuff. The next release will have a complete new GUI that looks
very sexy :-))
2. The backend engine is growing and works quite stable. The handling of
business-object-templates has been improved in that you have a lot of
more "datatypes" that you can use when defining a BOT.
3. Cyphre and I are using the RFM to track bugs, ideas etc. for the
project. The bug reporting has the same functionallity as bug-reporter
4. I have bought the book from lazysoftware (thanks Petr to pointing me
at it) about the "associative data model". We will see how much we can
use from them ;-))
5. I started to add functionality to the BOT definitons. Works quite
well. This doesn't use any dialects (yet) but just uses Rebol code. So
at the moment you still need some background information about how the
RFM works internally. Should be changed over time.
What have done so far? I implemented a NEWS BOT, that get's translated
into HTML and than automatically published at my companies web-site.
Very handy. You can see the result at: http://www.necony.de (news&mehr).
Further I implemented a report function for the EFFORT/TIME BOT (that I
use to track my time) that uses make-doc-pro to generate a HTML output.
Not very pretty at the moment but it's a start.
All this prooves that we are on the right track with RFM. Extensibility
is really very easy.
6. I bougth the Command SDK and hopefully we will be able to release a
single-user stand-alone-exe version of RFM. Should get a lot of people
started much easier.
7. Development-Focus will be: Improving the GUI, working out a QUERY
dialect and working out a RPORT dialect.
If you have questions... Just ask them :-) Robert