[REBOL] Re: Interesting Article on repurposing software
From: greggirwin:mindspring at: 28-Oct-2003 10:51
bic> why do you think that Rebol could be really good at this (really
bic> good implying to me better than at other things, and better than
bic> other tools)?
1) It's designed to enable communication (the semantic exchange of
2) It has a friendly native format that is easy to load and generate.
3) We can build formatting dialects for various targets; think VID.
5) It's easy to generate data in various formats.
6) EasyVID, make-doc, PDF-maker, ML, eText, etc.
I have to admit that I only looked at the examples for FOA, because
the downloads are so huge, so I can't say what the Java looks like
that makes it all happen; it can't be too small though. :) And the
XML/XSL stuff just didn't do anything for me as far as being clear and
I'd certainly like to hear opinions from others who have experience in
this area, particularly with other languages, or know of other systems
to compare against.