[REBOL] Re: evaluation result (or... goodbye)
From: rotenca:telvia:it at: 6-May-2002 15:03
> Yes, I was thinking about the affect on a shared feel object,
Another little thing is that normally engage function is bound to the feel
object, for example the cue function normally is in the feel object.
> but I also wonder if there
> is any use for it at all. Maybe it was part of an earlier grammar for layout
> that is now
> obsolete (because of action blocks) and was never actually removed.
> Have you an example of how it could be used?
Many times i want to change only the engage field
1) to pass more info to the action function, for example the event object (to
check control/shift keys with mouse).
2) every time i want to use over/away actions, i must rewrite engage, because
Vid usually does not offer a hook for them like action/alt-action.
3) time events often requires to rewrite engage.
4) I could want only a selective show face, to hide the face from an action
5) sometimes i do not want cue
6) sometimes i want different on state for different event types
Yes i can do all with the feel word, but this is true also for font facets or
edge facets, nevertheless we use no-wrap, bevel, font-size xx instead of font
[size:...] edge [...].
Almost all useful facets have layout shortcuts, i can live without them but
writing code is more easy with them.
The same, i think, for sense. I must say it is not documented, but many are
undocumented things in Vid, like map in list, for example.