[REBOL] Re: [The Gimp] clashes with REBOL on Windows 2000
From: apwing:zonnet:nl at: 8-May-2004 13:24
Hi Brian and Gregg,
if you need volunteers for the "REBOL/View install project" I'm happy to
If you're gonna script, I think you should keep a few things in mind:
1. RT delivers stable releases with installer (or can you persuade RT to
not ship with an installer???)
2. RT delivers beta releases without installer
3. is the installing userid a user with or without admin rights?
4. should an installation concern all users on a given system or not?
So, in case 1 one has to install at first the RT way. Only after installing
your script comes round the corner and has to:
- clean up the "mess" created by RT installer
- do a proper (re)install
In case 2 the script could be used right away
BTW Brian, AFAIK the default directory where REBOL installs is C:\REBOL\VIEW
and not C:\Program Files ;-)
Thanks so much for the effort you are willing to put in this project!
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
Arie van Wingerden