[REBOL] Re: Deleting / Unsetting Hierachical Objects / Faces
From: petr:krenzelok:trz:cz at: 19-Dec-2001 13:43
1) - let me say, that answers I am going to provide you belong more to Cyphre,
who is nowadays sporadically connected to internet, so I will try to answer some
of you questions ...
- Cyphre uses different technique in his Beast game demo. He uses draw dialect,
IIRC. He simply renders faces into background. Fast enough - you need only one
update of the scene - the background update.
- I am not sure above has something to do with timers. Too many of face timers
could imo slow down the scene. Current fps rate is also limited to average of 20
fps IIRC. Let's hope RT removes that limitation ....
- Cyphre also found a bug with even flow - although faces were hidden, their
even mechanism was still active. I am not sure if it is corrected already or
not. Maybe that is your case? Even removing face from its parent pane does not
mean it is discarded? not sure ....
- In opposite - Cyphre would welcome ability to "freeze" the face - so just let
the face be part of the screen (visible), but stop receiving events for it ...
- You can try to invoke garbage collection by calling 'recycle
Take my comments with care, please, as I can be pretty inaccurate in above areas