[REBOL] Re: Private Object Function
From: rebol:techscribe at: 15-Jan-2001 11:16
I think your description is incomplete. By privatization do you mean
1. that functions within the object should/should not have access to the
2. If 1, then that limits how hidden the hidden function is. Recall that
REBOL functions are editable during runtime. This means that I can use
any function that accesses the hidden function as an entry point into
the hidden function. I.e.
o: make object! [
hidden-func: does 
exposed-func: does [hidden-func]
exposed-hidden-func: get first second get in o 'exposed-func
3. Should the function have access to other functions and words defined
in the context of the object?
4. Should the object be serializable including hidden functions?
5. Should descendants have access to hidden functions?
Without clarifying these questions I can see a long thread of rejected
CRS - Psy Sel/SPO, COUSSEMENT Christophe, CPN