Mailing List Archive: 49091 messages
  • Home
  • Script library
  • AltME Archive
  • Mailing list
  • Articles Index
  • Site search

How to capture keyboard "tab" when typing in an 'area?

 [1/3] from: reboler::programmer::net at: 31-Jan-2002 14:09

Help! How do I change the feel (or whatever) for an 'area so that when I enter a "tab" from the keyboard, a "tab" is entered into the area/text. By default, "tab" moves you around to another pane of the main face.

 [2/3] from: sterling:rebol at: 31-Jan-2002 11:50

Hello, and welcome to "Obscure Undocumented Features Of REBOL"!! Today's question comes from Alan who is trying to make sense of some of the confusing behaviors of VID styles. Congratulations Alan, your question was chosen at random from the bottom of the email box. Change the flags in the face: view layout [ field area with [flags: [field]] field ] The two fields will tab between each other but the area will not and the tabs will go into the area. Your question rated a fun-factor of 8.7 and therefore you get a bonus question answered for you... here it is: Question: So what are the available flags?? Answer: It's a secret! Just kidding. ;) The flags you can use are: field -- behave like a standard field meaning that text is highlited upon selection and the clear-fields function will clear the text in this field tabbed -- tab and return will move the focus to the next valid face return -- return key activiates the action block of the face Well Alan, thank you for playing "Obscure Undocumented Features Of REBOL"!! You'll alsso be getting a copy of our home game, a bag of mismatched socks, and a copy of our fake studio audience applause on CD. We hope to see you here next time on OUFOR. Sterling Newton for OUFOR, saying "If you don't play, you can't win!"

 [3/3] from: greggirwin:mindspring at: 31-Jan-2002 16:32

Excellent reply Sterling, both from a humor and technical standpoint. :) --Gregg