[REBOL] Rebol/command, fastCGI, session id, frames, etc....
From: petr:krenzelok:trz:cz at: 23-Jun-2001 21:12
today, I discussed our possible test Rebol/Command scenario, with my good
friend - Linux folk. We discussed the needs for serving our customers
requests via creating sessions, and I would like to ask following questions:
- of course he suggested me tools he knows and uses, which handle user
session issues - php, Java. AFAIK RT doesn't provide so called "added value"
to their products (additional XML tools, e.g. SOAP), etc. So - just only one
question here - am I on my own when I want to create session mechanism, when
- has anyone solved anything like that in Rebol?
My friend suggested me to be aware of following problem areas:
- if you e.g. use frames, your browser sends three simultaneous requests to
web server, so you have to take care of it
- what if user opens second browser instance (or window) and sends second
request to web-server? What if result of such request is some database
- user presses "reload" button, while web server already handles previous
request, performing some database operation
- what is probably even worse, Rebol doesn't provide ipc mechanism (although
we can use fs sharing, tcp connection, or database for such purpose) and
when running in FastCGI mode, web server sends incoming request to one of
existing Rebol instances, which, in turn doesn't know of session states
handled by another one Rebol instance ...
All in all - I am starting to be afraid, creation of session mechanism in
Rebol will not be all that easy task and makes my situation overall harder
in comparison to free solutions, supporting sessions, various XML protocols
Has anyone used /Command for similar purposes? I would like to know possible
solutions, to better prepare to fight Rebol/Command position here ...