[REBOL] need client/server communication mechanism...
From: rishi::picostar::com at: 23-Sep-2000 11:03
Hi. I'm planning to make a suite of utilities in R/view for my own personal use. What
I want to do
- insert log-in.r file in my webserver that runs in client and asks for my user name/password
- after entering log-in info, log-in.r needs to communicate with another .r file on the
of like cgi. (don't know how to do this...)
- Once password is checked, a .r file will be outputed and run on client machine. It
will contain a
bunch of my .r graphical apps I can click on.
- These apps should have ability to communicate with a server-side .r file, meaning it
has to run on
the server like cgi. The reason for this is because I plan to save all my data on the
Basically, I plan to use the server as my diskette.
This is kind of similar to the way html works with cgi or servlets... Rebol can currently
scripts from the server and run them locally. It can also run remotely in the form of
for html...But I don't think there is currently a way to execute rebol scripts remotely
it from a client side rebol script.
I hope this is clear description... Help would be appreciated. If I can get this to work...I
- use any computer in the lab to access my programs
- use any server as my network operating system/diskette.
- use rebol/view browser as my file manager.