[REBOL] Re: Runtimes as DLLs
From: petr:krenzelok:trz:cz at: 15-Nov-2000 0:49
IIRC, so called REBOL Toolkit was mentioned in initial announcement of
REBOL/Command some year or more ago, together with /Browse for e.g.
RT seems to chose another strategy - product development, while I would go
imediatelly in completly different area:
- core technology advancement - parser, modules, components, matrice
- apache module with database support (or via loadable /library, /mySQL,
/PostGress etc. components)
- REBOL Toolkit - the kind of strategy you mention.
- more media stuff, e.g. via /Effects, /Media, /Draw etc.
- /Browse (ability to display /View window as part of website)
- View and Command together - ability to operate upon series data via
/library call, thru defined API (if possible :-)
/Command as a name should become just name of some kind of Rebol package,
containing /Shell, /ODBC, /Library etc. - it should not be called a
product - products are - rebol core language, rebol runtime, rebol express,
We are still at cute-toy level ... I wish VC would donate RT 20 more