[REBOL] possible rebol projects ...
From: petr:krenzelok:trz:cz at: 14-May-2001 15:40
OK, so what could become possible rebol projects and what is the state
of current ones?
- SWIS - windowing system - or simply said - REBOS
- Rebol emailer - almost dead ...
- Rebol Oscar - no significant progress and - we should concentrate on
adding value to current rebol products ...
- Andrew Martin - some of dialects, eText for e.g., component system -
still in development ...
- Some french site - site builder - haven't looked deeply into it, but
it could be base source for web portal builders
- eRebol.com - link to mySQL - via library interface
- DocKimbell - mySQL free protocol scheme, working on FastCGI
- wrappers to some usefull libraries, e.g. some multiplatform
multimedia, math ones ... (maybe in some future RT will free library
components to all users ... I just wonder, if it would be possible to
develop some kind of object code, e.g. wrapper to library, which could
be run under View (not Pro) - not requiring to buy Pro Key. The key
would be needed to develop the component (module) though ...
- XML tools, protocols (SOAP, XML RPC), Jabber - simply said - linkage
to outer world of de-facto standards ...
- data browser with proper caching
- dialect based protocols (exchange of configuration objects first, then
further communication in dialect)
what we expect from RT?:
- making lots of money :-)
- components (per component pricing)
- improvements to parser as proposed some time back
- async networking