[REBOL] Re: PostgreSQL 2 Rebol and back again...
From: coussement:c:itc:mil:be at: 13-Dec-2000 9:50
An answer with some delay: I had to think a little bit about it.
Well, I'd the same idea and began to work on it for my project.
I've work for sometime now with relational systems (oa. SQL Server) and I'm
convinced data management can better than being flat...
In my particular system, I'm more interrested in the relations between the
items than in the items themself - because the first carry the key
informations I need.
So ... what I need is an Object Oriented DBMS !
I've no experience with those system (well with OO), and I intend to learn
it and write my own Rebol/OODBMS. After all, OO and Rebol are both another
step in the quest for expressing solutions to problems in a more natural,
easier to understand way.
Of course, the more people interrested in it, the further we can reach !
I've done some prospection for documentation. For those interested, try
* Chaudhri, A.B. (1993) Object Database Management Systems: An
Overview in "BCS OOPS Newsletter", No.18 Summer '93
* Chaudhri, A.B. & Osmon, P. (1996) Databases for a New Generation in
March/April '97 pp 33-38
* Graham, I. (1994) Object Oriented Methods. Published by:
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-59371-8
* Graham, I. (1995) Migrating to Object Technology. Published by:
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-59389-0
* Vadarparty, K. (1996) Developing an ODBMS Application: Basic Steps
in "Journal of Object Oriented Programming" January '96 pp 19-21
or on the net, the -very- well documented site of the DACS:
Regards to the REBOLlians,