[REBOL] Commercial-quality REBOL programmers needed
From: amicom::sonic::net at: 14-Aug-2002 11:28
I would like to apologize if anyone finds this email irrelevant to the
list. I am posting it here as my understanding of the REBOL mailing list
is to further the spread and acceptance of the language. I believe using
the language for commercial projects is key to this goal. Anyone who knows
me knows that I am a BIG advocate of REBOL - I've built my own business
around REBOL as a key building block.
Lately it has become apparent that I do not have the time to handle all the
work that comes my way all the time, so I am looking for some intermittent
assistance in this area. I primarily do REBOL scripting, but sometimes
REBOL is not the best fit for the requirements of a project, so knowledge
in other areas is also helpful.
If you would like to help crank out REBOL programs and projects using other
technologies, please send me an email directly to [amicom--sonic--net]. Also,
if you have developed (or are developing) some commercial-quality software,
I may be interested in presenting it to my existing and new clients.
Handy things to know (the more you know the better):
- Accessing .dll files from REBOL (View/Pro or Command)
- Web technologies (CGI, HTML, SSL, etc.)
- Network protocols (mostly TCP scripting in REBOL)
- Database technologies (SQL, etc.)
- Security (mostly encryption and authentication)
- Other languages (C, Perl*, PHP*, etc.)
* These languages are sub-par to REBOL but some clients require them.
I have two potential projects currently and may be getting more
soon. These projects could start immediately.
Looking forward to your response!