Mailing List Archive: 49091 messages
  • Home
  • Script library
  • AltME Archive
  • Mailing list
  • Articles Index
  • Site search
 

REBOL on gentoo

 [1/8] from: jonkelly:fastmail:fm at: 9-Jun-2007 21:54


Hi, is it possible to run REBOL on gentoo? I have downloaded sdk-2705042.tar.gz and rebol seems to work, but rebview gives this error... ** User Error: Bad face in screen pane! ** Near: size-text self there don't seem to be any dependencies missing ... jon-laptop ~/rebol-sdk $ ldd tools/rebview linux-gate.so.1 => (0xb7f58000) libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 (0xb7e72000) libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXext.so.6 (0xb7e66000) libXt.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXt.so.6 (0xb7e23000) libXaw.so.7 => /usr/lib/libXaw.so.7 (0xb7dd8000) libXmu.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXmu.so.6 (0xb7dc5000) libstdc++.so.5 => /usr/lib/libstdc++-v3/libstdc++.so.5 (0xb7d0c000) libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0xb7ca4000) libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xb7c7f000) libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xb7c7b000) libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb7c70000) libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7b47000) libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXau.so.6 (0xb7b44000) libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXdmcp.so.6 (0xb7b3f000) libSM.so.6 => /usr/lib/libSM.so.6 (0xb7b37000) libICE.so.6 => /usr/lib/libICE.so.6 (0xb7b22000) libXpm.so.4 => /usr/lib/libXpm.so.4 (0xb7b15000) libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0xb7b05000) /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7f59000) Thanks, Jonathan.

 [2/8] from: santilli:gabriele:gma:il at: 9-Jun-2007 18:37


2007/6/9, Jonathan Kelly <jonkelly-fastmail.fm>:
> is it possible to run REBOL on gentoo?
I used to use 2.6 (View 1.3) on Gentoo... so it should work.
> I have downloaded sdk-2705042.tar.gz and rebol seems to work, but > rebview gives this error... > > ** User Error: Bad face in screen pane! > ** Near: size-text self
Some problem with font handling... do you have anything unusual on the X server front? Regards, Gabriele.

 [3/8] from: jonkelly:fastmail:fm at: 10-Jun-2007 10:01


Hi, Gabriele Santilli wrote:
> 2007/6/9, Jonathan Kelly <jonkelly-fastmail.fm>: > >> is it possible to run REBOL on gentoo? > > I used to use 2.6 (View 1.3) on Gentoo... so it should work.
This is good news.
>> I have downloaded sdk-2705042.tar.gz and rebol seems to work, but >> rebview gives this error...
<<quoted lines omitted: 3>>
> Some problem with font handling... do you have anything unusual on the > X server front?
Not that I know of, which is to say, I just have just done emerge xorg-x11, though that was quite a while ago. Just checked, and xorg-x11 is up-to-date. I'm using xfce4.

 [4/8] from: santilli:gabriele:gma:il at: 10-Jun-2007 8:14


2007/6/10, Jonathan Kelly <jonkelly-fastmail.fm>:
> Not that I know of, which is to say, I just have just done emerge > xorg-x11, though that was quite a while ago. Just checked, and xorg-x11 > is up-to-date. I'm using xfce4.
Did you try other versions of REBOL? Anyone else on the list using Gentoo? Regards, Gabriele.

 [5/8] from: jonkelly:fastmail:fm at: 10-Jun-2007 19:05


Gabriele Santilli wrote:
> 2007/6/10, Jonathan Kelly <jonkelly-fastmail.fm>: > >> Not that I know of, which is to say, I just have just done emerge >> xorg-x11, though that was quite a while ago. Just checked, and xorg-x11 >> is up-to-date. I'm using xfce4. > > Did you try other versions of REBOL?
I tried version view 1.3.2 which gave the same error. I tried a file rebview1247042 and that gave an error ** User Error: REBOL: Cannot obtain default font ** Near: size-text self Aborted could this be related to the version of XORG. I'm running 7.2; Debian type distros may not be stable on that version yet ... Jonathan.

 [6/8] from: santilli:gabriele:gmai:l at: 11-Jun-2007 7:38


2007/6/10, Jonathan Kelly <jonkelly-fastmail.fm>:
> could this be related to the version of XORG. I'm running 7.2; Debian > type distros may not be stable on that version yet ...
Hmm, Ubuntu Feisty seems to have 7.2 too: giesse-batou:~$ dpkg -l xserver-xorg Desiderato=sconosciUto/Installato/Rimosso/P:eliminato/H:bloccato | Stato=Non/Installato/file Config./U:spacchett./conf. Fallita/H:inst.parzial. |/ Err?=(nessuno)/H:bloc./necess.Reinst./X=entrambi (Stato,Err: maiusc.=grave) ||/ Nome Versione Descrizione +++-===============-===============-============================================== ii xserver-xorg 7.2-0ubuntu11 the X.Org X server Maybe some font missing? (Eg. the old, standard X bitmap fonts, you may have to emerge them separately as I don't think normal linux apps use them anymore.) Regards, Gabriele.

 [7/8] from: jonkelly:fastmail:fm at: 12-Jun-2007 22:49


Gabriele Santilli wrote:
> 2007/6/10, Jonathan Kelly <jonkelly-fastmail.fm>: >> could this be related to the version of XORG. I'm running 7.2; Debian
<<quoted lines omitted: 10>>
> may have to emerge them separately as I don't think normal linux apps > use them anymore.)
Ta-dah! I didn't have the bitmap fonts in my font path. Running now. Now I just have to work out what it is! :) thanks Jonathan.

 [8/8] from: santilli::gabriele::gmail::com at: 13-Jun-2007 0:09


2007/6/12, Jonathan Kelly <jonkelly-fastmail.fm>:
> Ta-dah! I didn't have the bitmap fonts in my font path. Running now. Now > I just have to work out what it is! :)
That's great. We'll have to note that somewhere. Regards, Gabriele.

Notes
  • Quoted lines have been omitted from some messages.
    View the message alone to see the lines that have been omitted