[REBOL] shadow.r ?
From: jason::cunliffe::verizon::net at: 29-May-2002 21:33
Does anyone already have a script to read/set dates in /etc/shadow ?
The ``/etc/shadow'' file contains password and account expiration information
for users, and looks like this:
As with the passwd file, each field in the shadow file is also separated with
colon characters, and are as follows:
1. Username, up to 8 characters. Case-sensitive, usually all lowercase. A direct
match to the username in the /etc/passwd file.
2. Password, 13 character encrypted. A blank entry (eg. ::) indicates a password
is not required to log in (usually a bad idea), and a ``*'' entry (eg. :*:)
indicates the account has been disabled.
3. The number of days (since January 1, 1970) since the password was last
4. The number of days before password may be changed (0 indicates it may be
changed at any time)
5. The number of days after which password must be changed (99999 indicates user
can keep his or her password unchanged for many, many years)
6. The number of days to warn user of an expiring password (7 for a full week)
7. The number of days after password expires that account is disabled
8. The number of days since January 1, 1970 that an account has been disabled
9. A reserved field for possible future use