[REBOL] VID questions (text-list, recursive show) and report of a strange behavi
From: geza67::freestart::hu at: 27-Aug-2001 18:07
I have some /View-related questions and a strange observation.
1. Is there a not-so convoluted way (e.g. by a refinement) to get the selection's
from a single selection text-list or index numbers (in a block
e.g.) in case of multiple selection text-list?
The /picked refinement gives back unfortunately the selected entry's text as a result.
Now I use a rather ugly "conversion" code like this to find the index:
index-value: index? find list-items/lines form list-items/picked
NB: this one does NOT work in case of a multi-select list!!
2. How can I disable the multiple selection capability in a text-list ?
2. Also, is there a more elegant REBOlish :-) way to highlight/select item(s)
in a text-list like composing an appropriate /picked block by hand?
list-items/picked: compose [(list-items/lines/1)]
3. How to "show/deep" an entire panel (with ALL child faces / child panels inside)
Is there a more elegant way than looping through the faces and showing them individually?
4. Bug or only the lack of feature? Inside a layout, setting block of words to block
does not work in REBOL/View/Pro 18.104.22.168.1 8-May-2001 under Windows 9x :
field3/text: something3 works, but the more elegant mapping
set [field1/text field2/text field3/text] [something1 something2 something3]
crashes with error:
** Script Error: Invalid argument: field1/text
** Where: func [face value][ ...
Geza Lakner MD mailto:[geza67--freestart--hu]