[REBOL] Re: [ANNOUNCE] i o n . p e
From: Christophe:Coussement:mil:be at: 28-Aug-2003 11:11
As we are now full time programing in REBOL since 3 years, we were here enthusiastic
about the release of an editor specially designed for REBOL!
After playing a while with your product, we think the provided tools and functionalities
are looking great and are useful, but ...
we are getting some annoying problems:
[Using ion 1.0 under WinNT 4.0 SP6 - Pentium II - 256 MB RAM]
- only REBOL/Core (rebol.exe) is accepted as interpreter, not Command/View (rebcmdview.exe).
- after setting the ion.ApplicationSettings.cfg file to point to rebol.exe, the app tries
to access the a:\ drive, without being asked to do so.
- choosing Do It! or Do File! just results into a flitsing up bar with no shown results
in the console, although those are found into the _ion_ibuf_._chn_ file.
- closing all tabs creates a memory access violation which does not crash the app.
- content of binary files is not displayed.
On the other hand, we liked especially:
- integrated console & browser
- color coding and multiple language support
- customization possibility
- general layout and ergonomic
- work with project files
- allow the closing of current file from the popup menu
- allow multiple files selection for editing (without working with project)
- keeping up the good work ;-)
We will buy it for sure as soon as those preliminary problems have been solved !!!
[== just do it == NIKE]