[REBOL] editor docs
From: jim::clatfelter::net at: 30-Jun-2002 13:21
Here's how to use the editor.
1. Left click on a (silver) button to put an opening tag at the cursor.
Right click to put a closing tag. I've custimized some of the tags to the
way I use them. Left click on Date to insert the date.
2. The Lines button updates the number of lines in the file as they appear
on the screen. This should be done automatically. I need to improve this. It
shouldn't be difficult. Then the Lines button could be dropped.
3. The screen display holds 99 characters per line. The Print button formats
the text for printing at 80 characters per line. It wraps at the last word
that will fit. The vertical yellow line shows where 80 characters is. Any
word that extends past the yellow line will be printed on the next line.
4. TXT2HTM converts a text file to an html file. I still need to enter the
TITLE at the TITLE tag. This could be customized to any html pattern you
like to use. I still need to go in and add a few tags, like H3. But most of
the work is done instantly. The Restore button restores the text as it was
before you clicked the TXT2HTM button.
5. THW button adds html tags of a website I am now managing.
http://www.headless.org (This button wouldn't be of much use to anyone
6. Find and Replace work by entering text in each field. Click on Find to
find text (from the cursor). Click on Replace if you want to change it.
7. Codes converts foreign language characters to html character codes.
8. Load URL loads the html code of the url field to the right of the button.
Enter any web page url. Change the default to one you use, or leave the
field empty till you need it.
9. I had an Upload button to ftp to the server, but one of the servers I use
rejected my upload, saying I didn't have permission to access the server. I
do access if with ws-ftp. I may add that button back.
10. The cursor buttons on the lower right are there because I haven't
figured out (yet) how to get the page-up and page-down keys to update the
slider. This is one of the semi-serious problems left with the editor.
11. The red Delete button is for deleting files. The blue Del key deletes a
character; it's just like the Del key.
I think everything else is fairly obvious. Try the silver tag buttons to see
what they do. You may want to change some of them. I am going to add some
buttons for html table tags -- if I can make some screen space. It should be
easy to add or eliminate tags or functions to suit how you work.
I think that covers it,