[REBOL] Re: Make_user_manual.r ?
From: sunandadh:aol at: 23-Jan-2002 5:12
> Here's a quick idea. Just to play with. Test-app01.r is your example.
Outstanding stuff! It just shows what can be down with a powerful tool like
Rebol in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.
I'm thinking about how I can extend (and probably butcher) your work to get
towards something that would work for me. Initial things are:
1. Extend the switch face/style to include many other styles
2. As you suggested in your earlier email, we need a function that finds and
actions a face according to its /text or /texts facets....It is not feasible
to name every item.
3. Handle alt-action ("right click")
That gives us something that generates the screen shots. Then
4. (If it doesn't already) modify pdf-maker or make-doc or an html dialect to
embed the named images into their output
5. I rewrite my user manual, and I'm done!
And of course, it'd be nice to then recast it into a dialect, and have
control structures too ("if this is showing in that text box, then do x. If
button y is not hidden, click it")
And it'd be even nicer to capture the initial raw click-stream
("action-stream"?) while running the application by hand. I've no idea how
that could be done (modify the basic VID behaviour of action and alt-alction
facets as Maartin suggested?). That'd be almost all that was needed for
But that's more than enough for me to be going on with. Thanks again,