Mailing List Archive: 49091 messages
  • Home
  • Script library
  • AltME Archive
  • Mailing list
  • Articles Index
  • Site search

[REBOL] [rugby XPi beta1 - name conflict]

From: pat665::ifrance::com at: 2-Feb-2002 19:21

Hi Maarten Here is a problem and the related suggestion regarding rugby XPi. The problem =========== To experiment with rugby, I was trying to split the tic-tac-toe program in two part : a server and a client. Foolishly I started my server with the following line : serve [compute-move get-result init-grid computer-start] As a result, the get-rugby-service was giving me the most puzzling error. It is certainly obvious to you what is wrong with this line. However it took my a long time to find out by myself. It was difficult because : - I did a wrong thing in the server, and the server said nothing - I did a wrong thing in the server, and the client told me a lot of thing I didn't understand The suggestion ============== the serve function should not accept to serve a function that already exists in rugby like get-result here. Besides I am having a lot of fun with rugby and the tic-tac-toe program is working now. Regards Patrick