[REBOL] Re: FTPGadget version 1.2 up and running (Linux/Windows)
From: jason:cunliffe:verizon at: 23-Aug-2002 19:33
> Check out the new version at www.ProGadget.com
Good work. Lots of nice features.. I like the drag'n'drop.
<memo from the
1. I could not use READ TEXT on remote text file [index.r]. Is that bug/feature?
2. Is it possible to make the central button help rollover messages immediate.
There is a time lag which defeats the purpose a little. Is that intended or a
result of pushing the limits of /View ?
3. I believe almost ALL rollover actions are best with some immediate feedback..
especially visual feedback for buttons. A button uses a mechanical metaphor and
needs distinction from passive images/text. So even a very _subtle_ color or
style change helps people. Flash has especially raised habits/expectations and
will continue to do so.
4. Mousewheel?? Is that still beyond the Rebol/View featureset?
5. Every 2-column widget I have ever used let the user know which column [remote
local] is 'active'. Takes the guesswork out of it. Typically they have a little
arrow pointing left or right. And often helped by a style change in the
identifying name field. For example, active column background color changes to
yellow and type to bold .. you get the idea.
6. For functions like rename, new folder, delete ... I suggest including the
full path name in the popup window. It helps one focus on exactly what is being
7. File/folder statistics are always useful and save time.
I propose you display that info in the main text area at the bottom of screen.
8. Is this done with Encap? And is a Mac version possible?
Jason Cunliffe [NOMADICS: Director art+design]
Tel/fax: +1 718 422-1078 [jasonic--nomadics--org]
N 43:00.000' W 074:31.875' ALT:1144 ft
84 Henry Street #3C Brooklyn NY 11201 USA