From: m::koopmans2::chello::nl at: 6-Sep-2001 16:26
Just kidding with a name (hailstorm?)...
Now that Rugby is http capable and goes through all firewalls and proxies,
it may be the time to start a Rebol Service Community, analogous to the SOAP
and .NOT architecture.
Most things are easily implemented in REBOL, and you make a service from it
with Rugby in one line, so....
I would really like to do these things but I don't have server space to run
standalone Rebol processes on the Internet.
- A service directory. basically lookup.r with a Rugby instead of URL caling
- A presence directory. Same as above, but now for people.
- add your next 500 services here.
Does anyone want to donate server capacity to the community? Does anyone
want to help to get services quickly up and running. We should be able to
beat .Net hands down.
Think of it:
- Services are easily implemented
- They run on 42 hardware / OS combinations
- They can use HTTP as a transport layer, hence can't be stopped.