[REBOL] 5 simple pattern matching questions
From: princepawn:mailandnews at: 15-Sep-2000 2:53
I am having problems switching my understanding of regular expressions to the
REBOL parse dialect. Could someone please tell me how to do each of the
following with parse?
1. match "cat" at the beginning of a line
2. match "cat", immediately preceded and followed by a word boundary , e.g.,
match "the cat in" or "the cat" but not "mercata"
3. match "cat" on a line all by itself
4. match the empty string: I think this is
parse string ""
5. match any char: I think this is done by creating a bitset from a charset
from hex 000 to hex 255 and parsing on that, but it doesnt work, e.g.,
bset: charset [ #"^(00)" - #"^(FF)" ]
parse " " [ some bset ]