[REBOL] UPDATED QUICK PLOT DIALECT and Tutorial
From: lcdr:licholai:msc:navy:mil at: 22-Feb-2002 12:00
I updated the quick plot dialect (q-plot) and ez-plot tutorial posted on the
reboltech site. Some of the changes to the quick plot dialect include:
* added pie charts and exploded pie charts
* added scatter plots
* added candlestick charts for displaying stock data
* added the ability to place axis in a border area
* added logarithmic, and semi-logarithmic scale options (and also a dynamic
* modified text placement to accept relative positioning of the text
* added a style options to the title
* better use of parse to implement the dialect
* internal code clean up
The ez-plot tutorial has also been updated to reflect the changes in quick
plot. Additionally, the tutorial has an expanded section on using quick
plot, get-stock.r and condense.r (some functions to aggregate data) to
create a stock analysis application.
Although some of the internals of quick plot still look like spaghetti, I
have tried to improved the readability and REBOLness of the code. In some
ways I again prove that you can write passable FORTRAN in REBOL.
Once again I welcome all comments on the usability, style and functionality
of the dialect and the code.