[REBOL] Re: REBOL 3.0 mentioned on the blog!
From: petr::krenzelok::trz::cz at: 10-Mar-2006 14:54
Alan Macleod wrote:
> Any idea what kind of changes we will be seeing...
well, not yet, but I expect REBOL 3.x to introduce incompatibilities,
but for the good. I expect it to:
- have multiasking/threading high concurency, maybe message based, dunno
- have modules support
- being just one .exe, the rest as dynamically loadable components
- some parts even - as for gfx, sound, will support plug-in architecture
(for codecs e.g.)
- RT will keep Core (kernel) of the language and the rest will be
open-sourced to some extent
- other features already discussed - RIF, Rebin, language plug-ins for
- I heard also View will be overhauled - faster blitting, new
compositing engine, better event system
Simply put - all things we wished for in the last few years will
hopefully come. If RT is concentrated, I expect Core 3.0 alpha till the
end of the year personally, but that is just my guess based upon how
quickly was Contra (1.0 to 2.0 rewrite) brought to life - it was
actually few months IIRC. Now language as a technology is already pretty
much in good state, so I expect RT "just" putting it into more robust
surrounding framework ....
Once again - that is just my opinion ....