[REBOL] Parse and an on-line lecture.
From: btiffin:rogers at: 7-Nov-2007 18:41
I've been toying with this idea for awhile now. An altme REBOL3 lecture
hall...first class - Parse.
> in this case, if you want to make rebol shine, you simply create a system
> which relies on Parse.
how would you like to be the first guest lecturer?
Initial plan; (Once a guru volunteers and we can start setting some
- schedule the event
- allow the altme rebols a few days to post questions
- we sit patiently through a 45 minute or hour (or so) lecture
- then we all jump up and down with the what what help helps
- the lecturer tries his/her best to keep up and answer questions leaving the
room as soon as they feel used up and spent
- the user.r secretary bags up the thread and posts it somewhere
- the lecturer returns a week or so later for a follow up Q&A after the
students have had a chance to try some real-world parsing. (Perhaps this
time with a Teacher Assistant...a) to deflect some of the what what help
helps and b) to offer a different point of view to some of the issues.)
- REBOL becomes famous for dialecting once more than a hand-full of
developers actually 'get it'.
So Moliad? Up for it? :) No pressure or anything. It will require some
time from whomever volunteers to be the guru...keyword volunteer... so again
P.S. I should be in Ottawa mid-November thru till Christmas. I'll see if I
can sneak in some time to reach Montreal. :) I've never actually met a
rebol in real-life, it'd be an honour.