[REBOL] Re: Sloooooooow Rebol
From: SunandaDH:aol at: 28-Aug-2003 16:36
> Well, I think I forgot to configure something (I configure my PC using it:
> http://www.jansfreeware.com/articles/pwsrebol.html). Someone can help me
> I've writing some simple Rebol scripts to run in command line and I love
Welcome to REBOL! I've been doing a lot of REBOL and CGI work lately. They
are a good combination.
I've not used REBOL with IIS, but in my experience, this sort of webserver
timeout problem is caused by a malformed script. Try the following, in no
particular order of importance:
1. make sure your *.r association is to a version of Core, not View (some
people have reported that CGI and View don't mix).
2. End your script with a Quit rather than just dropping off the end.
3. Make absolutely sure the first thing printed is
print "Content-Type: text/html^/"
4. Do the script in a REBOL console -- this will ensure that it doesn't have
syntax errors. If it doesn't you should see your HTML printed in the console
window. But, if you've put a Quit in, you may not see the console window --
it'll close darned fast -- so the trick is:
a. Copy the script to the clipboard (ctrl+c)
b. Open a REBOL console and type the command
(note the two colons)
c. Do this command:
do read clipboard://
d. Check the HTML printed has a proper ending -- (last thing printed should
5. Does IIS have any decent logs? If so, there may be some more info there.