[REBOL] Rebol: Internet Operating System - FYI
From: peter::rochon::sympatico::ca at: 31-Oct-2001 11:34
From: Internet Product Watch
Internet Operating System
New Approach To Collaborative Computing
First there was E-Mail, then the Web, then instant messenging. Now there is
REBOL/IOS. IOS lets people work together in real-time from anywhere in the
world. It transforms physically separated groups into productive, unified
teams by providing a direct, secure, and responsive environment for
collaboration and sharing.
IOS combines REBOL's powerful distributed X-Internet platform with dozens of
Conference, Roll-Call, Taskmaster, Presenter, Messenger, Agenda, Calendar,
Brainstorm, Desktop, Poll, Journal, Expert, Notify, Reserve, Auction,
Outliner, Contacts, Whiteboard, Timeline, Revisor.
IOS Reblets are extremely agile, making them easy to customize and extend.
Consultants, value-added resellers, and OEMs can rapidly adapt Reblets for
their markets: Insurance, Medical, Financial, Sales, Real Estate, Legal,
Executives, Education, Construction, Travel, Government, Organizations.
IOS is system independent. Reblets run across a wide range of systems
without code modification and operate without changes to your existing
Windows, Macintosh, Solaris, Linux, IBM AIX, HP/UX, SGI, BSD, BeOS, Amiga,
QNX, SCO, and more.
IOS products include:
IOS Express - for large/midsize business collaboration
IOS Lite - for small business collaboration
IOS Host - for hosted business collaboration
IOS Group - for non-profit organizations Other
- Instant, interactive 2-way communications.
- Both inter- and intra-enterprise uses.
- Robust security with full strength encryption, certificates, and
- Interconnects via HTTP as well as direct peer-to-peer.
- Integrates quickly with legacy systems and existing databases.
- Works with the client both on-line and off-line.
- Trivial to download, install, and operate.
- Greater user satisfaction with reduced network load.
- Custom applications created in days, not months.
- All applications can be dynamically updated.
- Administrative functions can be script operated.
- Affordable for businesses of all sizes.