From: chris::starforge::co::uk at: 26-May-2001 12:56
For some time I have been developing a suite of Rebol scripts which form
a system called ROACH (RebOl Assisted Critter Hunter), a bug report and
tracking utility. The pre-release version of the system can be viewed at
Some of the features:
- Project list and user list (*) can be edited via a web interface
- A search engine allows the user to search for bugs in one or all of
the projects (*)
- The project list can contain real project entries or dividers to make
splitting projects into groups easier.
- There is no limit except drive space on the number of projects
- Projects can have any number of "administrators", each of whom are
informed when a bug or comment is added to a project they administer.
- Bug reports contain information about the type, severity, OS, and
impact of the bug, as well as space for a full description and known
workarounds. These can be altered by the project admin(s) via the web
- Project admins can edit or remove bugs or comments.
- Users can not only post bug reports, but add comments to reports.
The bug reporter can optionally be informed when comments are
added to a bug he or she reports (provided the user is registered).
- Anonymous posting can be enabled or disabled on a per-project basis.
Note that this is still a beta - things marked with a * are not really
available at the moment. Notably I am still working on the user
management code. I also need to run more tests on the current system and
make it easier to move the system from server to server as necessary.
Anyone who is interested in obtaining a copy of the pre-release code, or a
version of the release code when I've finished the remaining stuff, please
email me privately. I will make the code available for download once I've
got a finished product and written more extensive docs on how to set it all
New sig in the works
Explorer 2260, Designer and Coder
Benson, you are so free of the ravages of intelligence
-- Time Bandits