[REBOL] Language shoot-out
From: koopmans:itr:ing:nl at: 7-Nov-2001 14:11
While I was at it in my discussion with Joel, I thought I'd do a religiously
tainted language preference shoot-out ;-)
1) REBOL. Reflexive, cross-platform, relatively fast, compact. Made by an
alltime hero (that's you Carl).
2) Objective Caml: Mathematically precise, fast , sophisticated, almost as
fast as C, functional, lost of libs. www.ocaml.org
3) Erlang. A functioanl language that has distribution built-in. Rugby is
modeled after the ! operator in Erlang. Also gives you a RDBMs, httpserver,
etc. in the standard distro. www.erlang.org
4) Glasgow Haskell. Like 2) but with the main developers at micro$oft these
5) Raw C/C++ . For allowing you to implement the rest of the languages/OS'es
6) Scheme. Like Rebol, but slower. MzScheme is nice though.
7) Ruby. If you really want to do OO use Ruby. Also access to its metasystem.