[REBOL] Re: We shall code... (Important)
From: henrik::webz::dk at: 15-Aug-2001 23:32
I'm new here on the mailinglist and was surprised to find so many
equal-minded people here (or maybe I'm just lucky? :-).
I totally agree with you, Ryan. As a software engineer, I can't help but
constantly think of the following steps in making of programs:
1. Brainstorm on ideas, features, etc.
2. Define the specification of requirements based on the brainstorm
3. Design the program, splitting it into parts as you mention
4. Code the parts
5. Document each part
5. Test each part (provided each part is testable)
6. Integrate the parts to a complete program
7. Test the program
If we're smart enough, some of those parts could be designed to be reusable
in future programs.
Now, following the thread here, it seems the brainstorm is well under way.
How about collecting this information and make it centrally available?
And what about a document and code repository? Are there any standard places
for this for Rebol programmers?
Henrik Mikael Kristensen
On Wednesday 15 August 2001 20:06, you wrote: