[REBOL] RFC: Rebol Framework
From: robert:muench:robertmuench at: 21-Oct-2002 17:42
Hi, I have updated my rebol-framework effort. What has changed:
- seperated definition for business-object in extra file
(play around with object-templates.r to create your own BOs)
- date! and area! types now add default-functionality to labels (try BO
note & project)
- some more bugs fixed
- stuff I don't remember... ;-) I think I will start to use bug report
to keep track of all changes and bugs.
I'm still seeking for some people how want to help me with some coding
power. Independent development is possible so you don't need to
understand everything. I'm seeking for stand-alone functions that I can
integrate than. So let me know :-))
1. As you can see in 'objecttemplate2gui this is where all this nice
default-code is added. I'm seeking for people who want to write such
short stuff like get-date, view-notes etc. What kind of default
functionality would further be useful?
2. How about defining Bos? I'm sure most of you can do it. We need to
collect them all, agree an a well done definition and use them ;-). I
would like to list those Bos and there description on my web-site as
Here is my old list of things you could still help me with if you want:
1. I need an arrow-line keyword. Currently I'm using line to draw a
connection between two nodes. I would like to use an arrow: arrow start
end The arrow should be at end.
2. Problem: I have two nodes with specific width and height. The nodes
can have different parameters for these two. I need a function that
draws a straight line between those nodes in that the source starts from
the middle of the first node (height/2, width/2) and the end of the line
ends on the edge of the node so that an arrow is still seen be the user.
I hope you understand what I mean.
3. Any idea for enhancing the GUI would be welcome.
4. I'm sure my code isn't well optimized yet. Are there are any simple
methods to indicate the hot-spots in my code?
5. Anyone interested in the graph-layout stuff?
As always let me know what you think about it.
Robert M. M=FCnch
IT & Management Freelancer
Mobile: +49 (0)177 2452 802
Fax : +49 (0)721 8408 9112
Web : http://www.robertmuench.de