[REBOL] RFC: rebol-framework / list-view
From: robert:muench:robertmuench at: 12-Nov-2002 18:04
Hi, I'm interested in your opinion how the following challange can be
- A user can do a fulltext-search through all records.
- As a result a list of all matching records are returned.
- The list can include several kind of record-types
(address, project, note).
- Records have a different number of fields.
- Records of the same type can have different number of fields.
I now want to show a list to the user where he can pick a record. The
selected record is than displayed.
So what I want is a multi-record-type-list-view :-))
The questions/ideas I have are:
1. Foreach record-type get a list that defines the order of data-fields
for the row.
2. Find the highest number of data-fields from the records in the result
set(that's already working).
3. Somehow do a list layout and size the columns to fit the maximum data
Any other ideas? Robert