From: robert:muench:robertmuench at: 11-Aug-2003 17:33
Hi, thanks so far for all the comments. I think it's time to get
something done and we will see how things develop.
I see the following items on the todo list at the moment and want to ask
for some input:
1. Anyone a good idea for a name? Suggestions from my side:
- RebolDOC (that's my work title at the moment)
- DICTator (maybe a bit hard)
2. I had a short look at the source code of the 'help function. It would
help me a lot, if someone can comment the source code and what it's
doing. My idea is to use an enhanced version of the 'help function to
collect information about all available words.
I would like to collect a bunch of requirements from all of you for such
a Reblet. Base will be the existing dictonary Reblet. This point
shouldn't extend into endless discussions at the moment. So, if you have
a requirement and can describe it in a short paragraph this would help
me a lot. I'm going to address the requirements step-by-step via the
Here is a sketch of ideas I have:
- Analyze mode: The Reblet will be started on the Rebol interpreter to
analyze. It will scan all words, and log the interpreter version. With
this we can cluster words for IOS, Command etc. all in one database.
- Edit mode: Via a public voting, we are giving expert level to some
people. Those will be able to review submissions for words. Until those
submissions are approved, the submission is DRAFT.
- Datastorage: Submissions etc. will be handled via a web-server thru a
central data storage. The Reblet can look for updates. New submissions
will show up for experts.
- HTML Export: The Reblet can create a HTML document of the whole
dictonary or a file per word export.
Well, that's it for now. Let me know, if you are missing some points.