[REBOL] REBOL TEXTBASE
From: louisaturk:eudoramail at: 25-Oct-2001 16:06
Has anyone written a textbase program using rebol? Requirements:
1. A file containing a list of directories and masks for files containing
text: notes, books, articles, source code, e-mail, etc.
2. An exceptions file, containing words to not be indexed (like a, the,
an, and so forth).
3. Upon starting the program the first time it should automatically make
an index of all the words found in all the files found in the file
mentioned in paragraph 1, except for the words found in the exceptions file.
4. Upon subsequent starts it should automatically check to see if any
files have been modified or new files added, and re-index if yes.
5. Once all text files have been indexed, it should pop up a search window
to allow easy search for words or phrases, etc., and display the paragraph
containing it and that paragraph's context. The right arrow key should
allow on to continue on the next find. The left arrow key should allow one
to return to the previous find.
6. One keystroke (say the HOME and/or 5 key) should load the paragraph
containing that verse into memory. The UP arrow key should load the
paragraph above it into memory (another paragraph each time it is
clicked). The DOWN arrow key should load the paragraph(s) below the one
containing the search word. Hit PgDN to go to the next paragraph to load
more paragraphs into memory.
7. Switch back to your word processor or text editor. Hit
paste. Viola! It is there.
It seems to me that this should be very easy to do with rebol, and would be
extremely useful for both writers and programmers. Has anyone done
anything like this?