[REBOL] [ANN] Serve-It! - a new updated release
From: D::Weyand::gmx::de at: 1-Jan-1978 3:17
a new update of Serve-It! is available at
http://www.TGD-Consulting.de/Download.html or visit
http://www.TGD-Consulting.de/index.r and take a look.
Serve-It! is a powerful server-engine featuring several web server and
PROXY-server in one smart program using 100% native REBOL.
The recent update fixes a critical DoS-bug and adds some new and enhanced
features. The web server part of Serve-It! v2.7.4 offers now the following
list of major features:
- Full compliant HTTP/1.0 protocol support
- Embedded advanced web interface for local and Remote Server Administration
- Fully configurable memory cache for static pages (response-buffer) *new*
- Configurable chunk-encoding transfer support (streamed data transfer)
- Full support for virtual hosts
- REBOL CGI support (with configurable caching process for better
- General CGI support (run any CGI, needs REBOL/ViewPRO features)
- Update configuration in live without restarting the server
Additionnal features planned for future releases:
- Full HTTP/1.1 protocol support
- Built-in SSL support
Please read the FAQ to learn more on how to use those enhanced features like
RSA or response-buffer.
If you´ve ever used a previous version of Serve-It! before, please remove
the existing configuration file (ServeIt.config) or just alter this line in
the config-file ( replace "serve-it: make object! [" -> "serve-it: make
serve-it [" ) first to start Serve-It! without glitches.
Any feedback welcome,
PS: An adaption of Carl´s famous blogger-system which runs smoothly with
Serve-It! has been recently published to the script-library at rebol.org.
Get new-blog.r there to run your own blog powered by Serve-It!